My Needy Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Brentwood, Te
Question by stacylgower
My lawn is mostly bermuda and weeds. The backyard seems very compacted and in the summer we are mostly mowing weeds since they are much higher than the grass. I think I need to aerate and would like to do the pre-emergent herbicide, but I also think I need to put down a layer of compost and seed. Can I do all of those things this spring?

0

You're on the right track to reviving your lawn! Start by killing off the existing weeds. Ortho Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer For Lawns, Southern Ag Lawn Weed Killer with Trimec, Ace Spot Weed Killer, Ortho Basic Solutions Lawn Weed Killer, Bayer Advanced Southern Weed Killer for Lawns and Vigoro Ultra Turf Weed and Feed are all safe to use on Bermuda lawns if you carefully follow label directions. This spring you can aerate your lawn. A core aerator will remove one inch by three inch plugs from the lawn. Leave the plugs on the lawn and they will dissolve in rain or water from the sprinklers. After aerating spread a thin layer of sand or compost over the area and water it in well. The sand or compost plus the soil from the plugs will work their way down into the holes left by the plugs. You can then overseed your entire lawn. Best wishes with your renovation project!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"