Mother in Law Tongue - Knowledgebase Question

PHILADELPHIA, Pe
Question by cookiediva14
The leaves on my mother in law tongue plant has started to dry up and turn greyish color. What am I doing wrong?

0

Mother in Law Tongue is a tough plant and usually will grow without problem, unless it gets too cold, which can turn the leaves a greyish color, or if it is overwatered and the roots begin to rot. This, too, can affect the color of the leaves. If your plant hasn't experienced temperatures below 40 degrees, then I'd suspect overwatering which can suffocate the roots. At this point you may want to unpot your plant, inspect the roots and cut away anything that appears soggy or rotted, prune away the greyish colored leaves and repot the remainder of your plant. Use a fast draining cactus type potting soil. With any luck these steps will save your plant. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"