TOMATO BLOOM DROP - Knowledgebase Question

LITTLEFIELD, Te
Question by sandij1948
HOW DO I PREVENT THE BLOOMS FROM DROPPING OFF MY TOMATO PLANTS. I HAVE TRIED BLOOM DROP SPRAY AND IT DOES NO GOOD.

0

Tomato blooms may drop for a number of reasons, most of them environmental. The daytime temperature may be too hot, the nights too cool, the weather too damp or windy, soil too dry or too wet and so on. With regard to watering, let your soil be your guide -- dig down a little and test it with your finger and see if is is damp or not. You want to keep it evenly moist but not sopping wet. A good layer of organic mulch is very helpful in keeping the soil evenly moist. Another possible reason is poor pollination. You might try shaking the plants gently once a day or so and see if that helps. Although you've already tried the commercial blossom set sprays, you might continue using them until your plants begin to produce. Good luck with your tomato plants.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"