golden cyprus shrub - Knowledgebase Question

O Fallon, Il
Question by bdeg40
I have three golden cyprus bushes and none of them are golden colored any more. I planted them approx. 2 years ago. They have full afternoon sun and are mulched. Any suggestions as to how I can get the yellow color to return?

0

Golden cypress shrubs should have golden color on the tips of the foliage and this color is most pronounced in the spring when new growth occurs. Pruning at the wrong time of the year can remove the golden colored foliage but the new growth in the spring should show the right color. Since the color is genetic about the only way that the plant won't show the golden color, other than accidentally pruning at the wrong time of year, is that branches from the roots have overtaken the original plant. If this is what has happened, your shrubs will be green rather than golden and there's really no remedy for the situation.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"