Palm Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Mandeville, Lo
Question by jade550
I live in southeast LA. Freeze killed a queen palm last winter-never came back. When is a good time to plant another palm tree and should I avoid using queen palms.

0

Many types of palms are frost sensitive so if you're worried about another hard freeze, you may want to avoid them. In general, Queen palms can tolerate a short freeze (less than 4 hours of temperatures below 32F) so if the freeze that killed your Queen palm was unusual, I'd go ahead and replace it with another Queen palm. On the other hand, if your garden regularly gets frosts that last longer than 4 hours, you may want to choose a completely different kind of plant. Whatever you decide to plant, March and April are good months to plant. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"