Stinky fungus issues - Knowledgebase Question

Camp Lejeune, No
Question by jeno_cm
I keep my garden well picked up from debri, but I keep finding this extrememly stinky smelling stuff that I'm guessing is fungus.It smells like rotten eggs. What can I do?
Thanks

0

What you describe sounds like slime mold. Slime molds live in cool, shady, moist places on decaying wood, leaves or other organic matter retaining abundant moisture. Bark mulch in a flower garden or shrub bed can provide just the right conditions for slime molds to flourish. Once a colony starts to form it can be difficult to control. Try allowing mulch to dry out, or using a garden or leaf rake in the affected area to help break up the colony. Or, you can cultivate the soil to loosen it and work some compost into the soil to help balance the pH. Hope these techniques help!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"