Myer Lemon Tree - Knowledgebase Question

durango, Co
Question by abshagen
I have tried twice to grow a Myer Lemon Tree in my greenhouse. They died from bugs I think. I want to eat the fruit so I don't want to use a systemic and soap spray doesn't help at all. I even have washed them. Help?

0

I'm not sure exactly what to suggest. If you monitor your tree on a daily basis you should be able to control any insect pests before they have a chance to overtake your tree. Start with a healthy specimen and thoroughly inspect it. Remove any scale insects or mealy bugs you may find, or dab them with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. This will kill them on contact. You can periodically hose your tree off - a strong stream of water from the hose will dislodge any flying insects. Aside from regular inspections and occasional pest control by physical means, your Meyer lemon should thrive under greenhouse conditions. Careful monitoring and quick response should be all that's required to grow a healthy and bug free tree.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"