new growth on Sago Palm - Knowledgebase Question

Springfield, Ge
Question by lisar_1
I have three sago palms. All are planted in the same area of my landscaping. Last summer new growth on two of the three died just after reaching maturity. I removed the dead leaves and new growth appeared again with the same result. The third palm has not been affected by this issue. Any suggestions as to what is causing the new growth to die?

0

Sounds odd, doesn't it? About the only thing that will affect the new growth and not the old is a cold snap. It takes a while for the new fronds to harden off after they've emerged. You can try lightly feeding your sago to increase the rate of growth (and maturity) of the new fronds. Be sure to water the soil around the sago and not the top of the plant. Hope this helps.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"