What to plant now? - Knowledgebase Question

Boynton Beach, Fl
Question by hgs33
This is the 2nd winter season that I have had my 5 Pink Pixies die from the frost in Palm Beach County. Last year I was able to bring them back with water & fertilizer. Not so this winter. My front garden faces S with sun most of the day. I want colorful, but low growing plants that sit in front of a large, pretty flat rock. Nothing with thorns. I do my own weeding, etc.

0

Dianthus 'Garden Spice' has a clumping growth habit reaching 12"- 14" height. An ever blooming plant producing large quantities of 2" flowers, it is heat and frost tolerant to temperatures as low as 25 degrees F. It's available in assorted colors.

Or, Irisine, Daylilies and dwarf Ruellia are other possibilities. Hope this short list is helpful.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"