Gardening - Knowledgebase Question

Reno, Ne
Question by steveskorea
Help! I've asked questions before, but now I will tell you my problem. I had sod in the front yard (30X20), a pine bush and huge boulder in the center, along with three trees elsewhere. I wanted a natural grass lawn. I have removed at least 10,000 lbs of rocks, big & small from half, 18 inches deep. I don't know what to really do. I have plans to beautify but how deep and how many more rocks.

0

I think 18 inches is plenty deep so you've probably done as much rock removal as necessary for most landscape plants, groundcovers and turfgrass. Now that the rocks are out, take the opportunity to spread 3=4 inches of compost or other organic matter over the top of the soil and dig it in to a depth of 8-10 inches. Level the area and plant your choice of turf, groundcover, perennials and/or shrubs. I know you'll have a spectacular garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"