When to plant outside? - Knowledgebase Question

Lancaster, Ca
Question by bahamamamasa
I live in Lancaster,California,93535 and have been assured that we can expect frost at night through April...I am concerned about vegetables, grass and flowers dying before I get to take care of them. Thanks for your time and patience...Shelly Ann

0

Historically, your average last frost date falls between April 1 and April 10. With this in mind, it's safe to plant cool season vegetables and flowers outdoors during the first week of April and warm season vegetables and summer blooming plants outdoors around the first of May. If you plant earlier, or if an overnight frost is predicted you can cover your plants to help insulate them from the cold. Frost blankets, ore even old sheets and blankets can be draped over your tender plants to protect them overnight. Your lawn will be fine without any protection at all. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"