Front Yard Landscaping - Knowledgebase Question

Chuluota, Fl
Question by yforever2007
We will be updating our front yard from St. Augustine lawn, which was infested with Chinch Bugs, and replacing a large island area with low lying low matinance shrubs and flowers. What would you suggest. There are three very tall, 30 ft. palm trees in the middle of this planting plan. Appreciate the advice. Thank you.
Patty Younce

0

I've found that native plants offer the best of both worlds when it comes to low maintenance and hardiness so you might consider adding these to your plan. I'd suggest sketching out the garden area on paper and then making notes on which areas are sunny and which are shady and choosing plants tolerant of those conditions. If you sketch out their mature sizes and place them on your drawing so they're attractive to you, you won't go wrong. As for choosing plants, there are hundreds of possibilities. The University of Florida has a publication detailing the growing requirements, ultimate sizes and bloom period that you might find helpful. Here's the website; http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ep107

I know with careful planning and planting you'll have a beautiful landscape. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"