white mold on potted plant - Knowledgebase Question

BONITA SPRINGS, Fl
Question by dks239
There is an on going problem of white mold on my gardenia plant and my pony tail palm plant. tried hard to watch the moisture they receive but not having any luck.

0

If there's white mold on the leaves and stems of your plants it's a fungal disease called powdery mildew. Sometimes just moving the plants to an area with better air circulation can help - or training a circulating fan on the plants. You can try pruning the affected plants parts from the plants or spraying with a fungicide to stop the disease from infecting the rest of the stems and leaves. On the other hand, if the white mold is on the soil surface rather than on the plants themselves, you may be dealing with overly moist soils (allow the top of the soil to dry out between waterings) or you may simply be seeing salt/mineral build up on the soil surface. This can be removed by scraping it off the top of the potting soil and replacing the lost soil with fresh potting soil. Hope this information addresses all the possibilities!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"