Homeless Rose - Knowledgebase Question

Miami, Fl
Question by hightideaqua
I recently purchased a miniature rose that I want to plant in a pot in my patio.However I am having a hard time finding soil for potted roses. The Home Depot only sells a huge bag that is only for outdoor use. What do I do in this case since my rose can't live in the original retail container for long? As I understand it roses need soil with bonemeal added to it.Where do I find this?

0

Since you need only a small amount of potting soil, check in the indoor or houseplant section of your local Home Depot. Typically you can find small bags of general purpose potting soil near the houseplants and houseplant fertilizer shelf. Bonemeal is great for roses but it isn't absolutely necessary. You can most likely find a small package of bonemeal in the houseplant fertilizer section or somewhere near the packaged flower bulbs. If not, there's no great loss - simply feed your miniature rose with a specially formulated rose fertilizer. It will supply all the major and minor elements your rose will need. Enjoy your new rose!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"