Stray cats - Knowledgebase Question

Pittsburgh, Pe
Question by mjwoods57
How do I keep stray cats out of my yard. One comes back quite often and has her litter under my shed. Drives my dogs crazy!!

0

I wish there were an easy solution! A physical barrier will keep the cat from going under your shed. Chicken wire is inexpensive and if you attach it to the lower part of the shed and anchor it down, the cat won't be able to crawl under the shed. Cats are creatures of habit. The key is to break that habit by making their experience in your yard an unpleasant one. An inexpensive deterrent consists of stakes placed around your shed (or flower beds) with nylon fishing line strung from stake to stake. Keep the line about 6" above the soil surface and make sure it criss-crosses every 8". Cats entering the area will quickly exit because they'll be afraid of getting their legs caught. Once the cats associate fear with being in your yard, they'll stop visiting.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"