nephytis plant - Knowledgebase Question

salem, In
Question by dliebert
my plant was really full looking but now it look's thinner & has very tall stems all over with leaves on them.can i cut the tall ones off & start another plant? or is my plant dying? Hope you can help!!!Thank's

0

I don't think your plant is dying but if it is getting leggy, it's probably not getting enough light. Try finding a brighter location to promote a slower, more bushy growth habit. You can cut your plant back to encourage new growth but the cuttings won't always root so I can't promise you can start new plants with the cuttings. The best approach is to set the cuttings in a container of water. If they develop roots you can pot them up as individual plants. If they do not develop roots, I'm afraid they won't last very long in the water. Let's hope for the best!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"