Good Site for Planting Knock Out Roses - Knowledgebase Question

South Houston, Te
Question by l_delacerda
I have a 20' long flower bed running along the front of my house & want to plant a row of knock out roses in the back of bed, but bed only gets direct morning sun in spring, mottled am sun in summer due to neighbor's trees, then no more for rest of day beginning around 11am-12am. Will they thrive? If not, can you suggest some low-maint. & long-blooming perennials that will do well in this spot? TY!

0

Although Knock Out roses are reasonably disease resistant and tolerant of less sunshine than other roses, the site you describe isn't quite sunny enough to encourage healthy growth. Instead I'd plant Glossy abelia (Abelia grandiflora) which is a summer bloomer; Green pittosporum (Pittosporum tobira); Dwarf Pomegranate (Punica granatum); Chinese photinia (Photinia serrulata). Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"