best lawn grass - Knowledgebase Question

frisco, Te
Question by sollohubgage
our lawn has grown worst in the last few years. it is 16 years old with the front being bermuda and the back being st. augustine. what is the best type to replace it with in the frisco, tx. area? whatabout this all year green grass that i often see?

0

I'm not sure which turfgrass you're referencing. Typically a lawn that remains gree all year around contains a mixture of bermuda, which is a warm season grass, that's overseeded with perennial ryegrass (a cool season grass). As the seasons change one turf type will go dormant and the other will green up. I found a publication from your local cooperative extension office that might help you decide which turf is the best for you. Here's the website: Since the address is long you may need to copy and paste it into your browser's address bar. Hope it helps!

http://www.friscotx.gov/depart...

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"