Starting to grow tomatoes first time - Knowledgebase Question

Gonzales, Lo
Question by NeckameyerM
Do I get Topsy Turvey stuff? Looks expensive to do much or are cages better? I am not worried about the GROWING but it gets windy here and the staking up looks worrisome. Do you sell Topsy Turvy stuff at a discount? I hate paying 100% retail (which is why I shop HD!)

0

Topsy Turvey hanging planters are a fun way to grow tomatoes and other viney plants but the planters are not absolutely necessary for a good crop. You can plant tomatoes in containers or in the ground with equal - or better - results. Caging is a convenient way to keep the tomato plants upright, especially in windy areas but staking and tying works just as well. The least expensive approach is to plant your tomato plants in the ground and drive a wooden stake into the ground right next to each plant. As the main stem grows you can tie it to the stake with stretchy material (nylon or plastic garden ties work well). Just keep tying it up as it grows and the stake will keep the plant upright. Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"