Kill Red Apple Ice Plant? - Knowledgebase Question

Corona, Ca
Question by gibletfamily
How do I kill the neighbors red apple ice plant that is coming from underneath our fence...it overtook our lawn and now I want to keep it out?

0

You may need to place a barrier along the fence to permanently keep the Red Apple out. A vegetation killer such as Round Up will kill the invading plant. It's a contact killer and will kill everything it touches so you'll need to apply it carefully so you don't damage your lawn or other plants in the vicinity. Or, you can dig it out, roots and all. Once you've removed the groundcover you can either keep a bare area along the fence and spray as needed to kill any Red Apple that creeps over or sprouts up, or you can place a physical barrier in the area. I'd dig a trench and place concrete blocks or a wide metal barrier along the fence line. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"