Cacti/succulent temperature v.s. light - Knowledgebase Question

Galloway, Ne
Question by abracasqueak
Do cacti and succulents that are kept indoors need a specific temperature (obviously not freezing I'm sure), or is their health depenent on light intensity? Or is it a combination of the two. I do not have any extremely well lit windows in my home. I am puzzled by a cactus my grandmother owns that obtains virtually no sun (and is pushing age in the 40 yrs.) and thrives.

0

Cactus have varying light requirements but since they are highly adaptable plants they can generally adjust to whatever (reasonable) amount of light they receive. Since each variety or type has its own preferences it will be helpful to find the names of your plants. If you submit another question with the botanical name of each we can guide you as to exactly how much/little light each one requires.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"