tomatoe - Knowledgebase Question

the colony, Te
Question by panfu22
hi ive started planting tomatoes seeds and now they are 2 days old can you give me step-by-step on how to take care of them. !Thank You!

0

Your newly germinated tomato seedlings will need a source of light. I use shop light fixtures with two fluorescent tubes in them. The hoods have chains which will enable you to move the light source up as the seedlings grow. Keep the lights on 14 hours a day and about 2 inches above the tops of the plants. Water your seedlings when the soil begins to dry out (keep water off the plants to avoid disease problems). I use a half strength dilution of Miracle Gro or Peter's fertilizer once a week to water my seedlings. Be sure that there's good air circulation all around to help keep your seedlings from developing fungal diseases. You can train a small oscillating fan on your plants to help keep the air moving. Aside from providing supplemental light and watering your seedlings on a regular basis, there's not much else you need to do to ensure healthy growth. Hope this answers your questions.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"