clematis - Knowledgebase Question

Kennesaw, Ge
Question by greenekj
I purchase 3 clematis roots and planted them in my garden according to the instructions. However, the instructions said tho place them in a sunny area and everything I've read (unfortunately) afterwards was to place them in a shady area. Should I move them or will they grow where they are? (Spot gets about 6-8 hrs of sun) Thanks

0

Clematis likes the tops in full sun and the roots in a cool, shady area. Your clematis will grow in the shade but won't flower as freely and may be more susceptible to disease problems. I'd leave them in the sunshine where they are currently planted. To provide shade for the roots you can grow a groundcover, place a decorative stone or even plant a small shrub that will shade the roots from hot sunshine. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"