Dusty mildew - Knowledgebase Question

Wilmington, No
Question by pkaufman60
I have what I think is dusty mildew on my holly trees - on the backs of the leaves. The trees are mostly in the shade which I think probably contributes to the problem. What should I do to get rid of it?

0

Powdery mildew fungi spread quickest when the humidity is high and temperatures are between 50F and 90F. To discourage the disease, plant on sites with good air drainage, give the plants plenty of space, water during the morning only, and allow the soil to dry out between waterings. Remove any affected leaves, and if your plant is heavily covered with powdery mildew, sulfur or copper sprays can be applied weekly, starting in June in your area. These include: sulfur, neem oil (Rose Defense, Shield-All, Triact), triforine (Ortho Funginex), or potassium bicarbonate (Kaligreen, First Step) Chemicals are most effective when combined with cultural controls. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"