Very Interested - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, Te
Question by lisafeliciaw
How do I get rid of the little purple flowers/weeds growing on my lawn at this time and what causes them to continue to come back?

0

I can't tell from your description just what the weeds might be. Henbit has purple flowers shaped like trumpets. It's a member of the mint family so look for square stems. Ground Ivy (also known as Creeping Charlie) has purple trumpet shaped flowers and scalloped leaves. Wild violets have heart shaped leaves and blue-purple flowers. Or, the weed could be Pickerel. Without knowing exactly which weed, it's difficult to recommend a weed control product. Try checking the weed i.d. poster in your local Home Depot. Once you've identified the weed the poster will recommend a product. Just be sure to read the product label so you'll know that it is safe to use on your turf type, and then follow directions for application. You'll be rid of those weeds in no time at all.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"