Hibuscus - Knowledgebase Question

brooklyn, Ne
Question by rabmil
i brought my hibiscus trees inside, the grew well and flowered. Suddenly they have black spots all over. Sprayed with fungicide. No change. They look like insects and grow on new leaves. Tried plant soap and put them in the shower. No help. Tried vacuuming the trees. They have almost stopped flowering. Used fertilizer and insecticide. Please help.

0

I can't tell from your description exactly what the problem might be but if you've used an insecticide and a fungicide and see no difference, I'm not sure what to suggest. Hibiscus is susceptible to a fungal disease called Black Spot and a fungicide will stop it from spreading but won't remove the dead black spots already on the leaves. You'll need to wait for the affected leaves to drop off the plant to get rid of the spots. Just watch for new growth. As long as the new leaves come out a healthy green and do not develop spots, your fungicide spray did its job. If they develop spots, you'll need to respray with the fungicide - be sure to spray both the upper and the lower leaf surfaces along with the stems of your plant. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"