Veggie garden in the S W Florida - Knowledgebase Question

Punta Gorda, Fl
Question by reccurly29
I want to start a garden in this area, everyone gives me an idea but it is not working. My tomatoes have been burned, herbs donot seem to grow like up north. My orange and lemon trees took a hit from the frost. Can you help..thanks

0

The good news about your citrus trees is that you can prune away the damaged leaves and stems and they will develop new growth in a few weeks. If your tomatoes are burning, you may be planting them at the wrong time. There are two growing seasons in Florida and both avoid growing veggies in the hottest summer months. Here's a university publication that addresses all the planting dates, best varieties and soil preparation, along with ongoing care that you might find helpful: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/vh021

You can download a copy and keep it for future reference. Hope you find it helpful.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"