bes fast growing vine - Knowledgebase Question

lewistown, Mo
Question by drdx2
Hi guys-I have a privacy fence 9'tall north side of house very little sun.I need shade vine fast growing very tall.tks

0

I can think of three shade tolerant vines: Trumpet Vines:

Trumpet Vine - also known as the hummingbird vine. The flowers are a bright orange or red hue which hummingbirds find attractive. Trumpet vines are great for walls, trellises and fences. They are aggressive and fast growing and can reach heights of 25-40 feet. This vine will bloom for several months in the summer.

Clematis - There are over 250 different varieties of this flowering vine. They are generally very hardy and perennial in nature lasting up to 20 + years in the right conditions. With so many varieties you have various shapes and sizes of both leaves and flowers. Some clematis vines have flowers shaped like bells, others have random clusters of small white flowers, and some have flat broad blooms. This vine can grow to be anywhere from 12-30 feet depending on the variety.

Climbing Hydrangea - it's adaptable to most growing conditions and does get tall as it matures but it takes a year or two to become established. Once it does, you'll need to whack it back to keep it under control.

Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"