Dill plant - Knowledgebase Question

Irvine, Ca
Question by rekhars1103
How to take care of Dill plant. Mine died last year. I would like to plant another this year. Please help me.

0

How disappointing for you! Dill plants can reach upwards of 3' tall and wide and are best placed in the back of an herb bed where they can spread out and grow without crowding other plants. Dill prefers moderately rich, well-drained, moist soil with a slightly acidic pH (6.0). Parsley also likes a moderately rich, moist, well-draining soil with a pH of 6.0, and it will grow in full sun to partial shade. If you decide to grow your plants in containers rather than in the ground, use a good commercial grade of potting soil and water the plants thoroughly, then allow the soil to slightly dry out before watering thoroughly again. Sometimes plants in containers are not watered thoroughly enough to saturate the soil and drive out air pockets around the roots. You can help avoid this condition by immersing the pots in a larger container of water once every 10 days to 2 weeks. Allow them to sit in the water until air bubbles no longer rise to the surface. Then remove from the water bath and allow excess water to drain. Hope the above suggestions help you successfully grow dill.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"