CORAL BELLS / HEUCHERA - Knowledgebase Question

Roscoe, Ne
Question by domdeeum2
For seven years I had my heuchera in a part sun location and while the plant seemed well, spikes would emerge and I never EVER got any flowers ! I finally moved the plant to a shadier location two years ago and the leaves are healthier...but this silly thing has NEVER bloomed ! Could it be that something is eating the flowers ? Why else would this thing not bloom ?

0

Coral bells are reasonably adaptable and will grow and flower in partly shady to full sun sites. If yours are not blooming, you might want to feed them with a bloom booster type fertilizer this spring. Bloom boosting formulas are low in nitrogen but high in phosphorus and potassium (the 3 numbers on the package label). I give my plants four hours of morning sun but shade from hot afternoon sun, feed them once in the springtime, and plant them in average garden soil. They bloom from June through August if I remember to deadhead the spent flowers. Don't give up on your plant! I'm sure it will bloom if you feed it this spring. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"