berry's - Knowledgebase Question

San Marcos, Ca
Question by nkbish
I planted blackbrries, boysenberrys, and rasberries. They were planted from small sizes (1 gal). Will I get any fruit this year? Also when I planted them I amended the soil with a garden mix and a plus ph (advised by the local nursery). What else should I do to help promote better growth. Thank you.

0

I think you'll see some flowers this summer and some berries in late summer or early fall. Your plants should receive all day sunshine for best growth and production and amending the soil prior to planting was a good idea. There's not much else you need to do to ensure flowering and berry production, other than to remember to water the plants deeply once or twice a week during the growing season. Good luck with your plants.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"