fertilizering garden - Knowledgebase Question

stafford, Te
Question by malatiu
I live in Houston, Texas. Now it is the time for fertilizing the garden. I cleaned the garden chopped all the dead branches. Until now I haven't seen any green shoots coming up. I have Indian drumstick tree and papaya, guava. How should I help the plants to get correct fertilizer. My papaya and drumstick the trunk is soft and greenish. I am hoping I revied them if I know what to do.

0

You can add needed nutrients by broadcasting a slow release or timed release fertilizer such as Osmocote or by spreading a 3-4 inch layer of compost over the bare soil. As the compost breaks down it will release nutrients into the soil. The added benefit of using compost as a mulch over the bare soil is that a thick layer will also help suppress weeds and will slow water evaporation. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"