Fertilizing the garden - Knowledgebase Question

stafford, Te
Question by malatiu
I have epsom salt and I want to know when should I apply it. I am thinking I should I apply Epsom salt before I put Miracle Grow. I have one small 1 year old orange last year it gave 2 fruits, I purchased from Master gardenrs from Houston.

0

Magnesium and sulfur are the two major components of Epsom Salt. Although magnesium and sulfur occur naturally in soil, they can be depleted over time. But unlike most commercial fertilizers which build up in the soil over time, Epsom Salt is not persistent so you can't overuse it. Tests by the National Gardening Association confirm - plants fertilized with Epsom Salt grow bushier and produce more flowers. You can use epsom salts at the same time you use regular fertilizer. Just scratch 1/2 cup into the soil at the base of each plant.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"