uncultivated trees surrounding lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Lexington, So
Question by tampa10smom
Recently moved to 9 acres in SC. Most of it is trees surrouding my large house and lawn. I don't know how to care for tree area- lots of leaves, broken lims/twigs on ground, tiny trees that will get no light - where can I get answers? I want the closest to look better.

0

It's difficult to get much of anything to grow beneath a stand of large trees - not only do the canopies shade the area, but the roots of the trees will compete with anything you try to plant. Rather than raking to remove the fallen debris beneath the trees and trying to place bark or plants beneath the trees, why not leave the area natural and plant small shrubs or tall perennials along the perimeter of the wooded area? This way you will block the view of the fallen debris without disturbing the duff or the tree roots. Just a thought -

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"