cocktail fruit tree - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by Itzyespin
Hello last spring I planted a couple of cocktail fruit trees(peach,plum,nectarine,apricot)one of them grew a lot mostly on the plum branch side the other one develope mostly peaches but had a goop and warm problem on the fruit I wonder what product should I spray with and when and it is too late to prune the branchy plum side since is full of buds?Thanks so much.

0

Sounds like the fruit was attacked by a stink or leaf footed bug of some type. The sap oozes from the point where their mouthparts penetrated the fruit. Unfortunately, once you see the symptoms it is too late to do anything. The only way to prevent such damage is to spray insectides on 7 to 10 day intervals. If the affected peaches stay on the tree they will ripen, they will simply be misshapen. Bacillus
thuringiensis (Biobit, Dipel, Javelin, Sok-BT, B.t.) is effective on foliage-feeding caterpillars. Be sure to apply according to label directions. You can prune the excessive growth on the plum side of the tree whether or not it has flower buds. Best wishes with your trees.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"