bermuda grass - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by Itzyespin
Hi,last year I had a horrible bermuda grass problem on a raise bulb bed I waited until it looked dead to pull it but it is very deep and hard even wen still

0

Bermudagrass makes an excellent turfgrass. However, its excellent ground-covering ability also makes it a pest in flower and vegetable beds. Bayer Advanced PowerForce Grass & Weed Killer is labeled for use in ornamental beds. Read the label to be sure it is safe to use around your bulbs. If your flowerbed is next to a bermudagrass lawn, consider installing a six inch wide ?no grass? border of bark chips or brick pavers between the two areas. Spray or pull any grass that tries to invade the bed across the narrow strip. A thick layer of organic mulch will also help keep bermuda from sprouting and growing in the bed. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"