Papaya tree - Knowledgebase Question

La Puente, Ca
Question by grm712
I was drying out some papaya seeds and some fell to the ground where a papaya tree grew. It's around 5 feet tall and it had several papayas but they never ripened. My neighbor also got some papayas and she took them off the tree to see if they ripened in the house but they didn't. Any idea why?

0

It might be that your weather wasn't hot enough to suit your papaya tree. They like long, hot summers and reflected heat and will ripen their fruit when the weather is just right. Most papaya fruit will ripen off the tree if they are not harvested too soon. Before removing from the tree, look at the end where the stalk is attached: if there is a yellow ring there, the Papaya will ripen well. If the ring is green, it won't ripen.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"