Magnolia - Knowledgebase Question

Roseburg, OR
Question by sundufarm
At my workplace there are several Magnolias on the grounds. I am interested in tracking down the variety of one in particular. Deep pink color, very fragrant, shrub about 6ft., deciduous, saucer like bloom with pointed petals, blooming in April. Any ideas?

0

It's probably a saucer magnolia (Magnolia x soulangiana) based upon your description and your growing zone, but the variety is a bit more challenging to determine. This is one of those situations where a picture is worth a thousand words. Rather than guess - and send you in the wrong direction - here's a website with photos that might help you identify your magnolia. If you don't find it helpful, try cutting an open flower along with a leaf or two and taking them to a well staffed nursery or to your local cooperative extension office for help. Here's the website address:
http://www.portlandnursery.com...

Here's how to contact your local extension office: OSU Extension Service of Douglas County, 1134 SE Douglas Ave.,Roseburg Oregon 97470. Ph: 541-672-4461

Best wishes in your search!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"