Recommendations for fast growing, spreading evergreen shrub/bush - Knowledgebase Question

BUTLER, PA
Question by pglogowski
I am looking for a fast growing, spreading bush/shrub, which grows well in the shade. An evergreen would be preferable. Thank you for your recommendations. I live in Butler, PA which is close to Pittsburgh.
Thank you. Patty Glogowski

0

Some suggestions for a shade loving evergreen shrub include Euonymus fortunei (Wintercreeper Euonymus) which grows 1-5 feet tall and wide; Pieris japonica (Japanese Pieris), growing 3-12 feet; Rhododendron (many choices), growing 3-20 feet high and wide (but not fast growing. Needled Evergreens include Chamaecyparis obtusa
(Hinoki False Cypress), growing 3-50 feet tall and wide but can be sheared to keep it under control, Taxus (Yew) which can also be sheared to maintain the size. Yews grow 3-30 feet tall and wide. Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"