Rock Gardens - Knowledgebase Question

Westbury, NY
Question by thutter
My daughter needs to have the front of her house landscaped. Do you give free estimates and offer suggestions. She is interested in annuals as well as perennials. She is expecting her third child and wants something that will not take a lot of care. She was also thinking about doing a Rock Garden in a section of the front lawn. She is overwhelmed by the whole thing and is looking for professional help. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Theresa Hutter

0

We can offer plant suggestions based upon your growing region but we don't offer on-site consultation. One of the easiest ways to design a garden is to take measurements of the property, make a note of the sun exposure (important when choosing plants) and jot down a few thoughts about what kinds of colors you prefer, the amount of maintenance you're willing to do, and any special features you'd like, such as the rock garden you mentioned. Sounds like your daughter is looking for low-maintenance (with 3 children, I certainly would be attracted to low-maintenance!). Some of the best low-maintenance plants also happen to be drought-tolerant, which are also good plants for a rock garden. I'd start by sketching out the yard using the measurements you've taken and then pencil in the features you'd like to have. Plant selection will be easy. Look for plants that have the same tolerance/requirements for the amount of sunshine that particular site offers. Or, send us the square footage and the sun exposure and we'll suggest plants for each of the flower beds you'd like to create. Best wishes with your landscape design!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"