Cranberry Crush Hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

South Lyon, MI
Question by bowhead1
I planted 3 Cranberry Crush Hibiscus last year and they bloomed beautifully. I was told not to cut them back until I saw new growth in the Spring. I was told it would be the last plant to show growth and not to expect new growth until mid May. I have not seen any new growth yet. Will the new growth be on the old wood or new wood? Thank you.

0

Cranberry Crush Hibiscus is an extremely hardy perennial but is slow to show growth in the spring. It produces new growth from the base of the plant and should be pruned back in the spring - as far back as 4-6? from the ground. Since this plant doesn?t leaf out until late, puning any time in spring before the new growth appears is fine. Depending upon weather, you should see new sprouts emerging from the base of the plant within the next few weeks. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"