perennial hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

South Lyon, MI
Question by bowhead1
I planted 3 cranberry crush hibiscus' last year. One of them heaved due to frost over the winter. I've gently pushed the soil down around the base of the plant and it has new growth showing, which I'm very excited about. I want to reset the plant but don't know when a good time is. Thank you.

0

You can dig and replant your hibiscus now (in early spring), or you can wait to replant it this fall as it is going into dormancy. Now that it has begun to grow, replanting may retard its growth and flower production by a week or two but the process should not do any permanent damage. Just as a side note, I've found that plants will often reset themselves over the years so unless yours is leaning dramatically to one side, or is restubg several inches above the soil level, you may not need to do anything at all. Best wishes with your beautiful plants!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"