Shasta Daisy Height - Knowledgebase Question

Harrisburg, NC
Question by iamrekincaid6
The Shasta daisies my landscaper put in last fall are now up and bloomed but are only about 6 inches tall. Are they going to get taller yet this year even though they're already blooming? How tall should they get?

0

There are some dwarf Shasta Daisies that grow only to about 12 inches tall. If your landscaper planted these, the plants will continue to grow taller even though they have already begun to flower. The standard garden variety of Shasta Daisy will grow 3 to 4 feet tall and wide. These, too, will continue to put on height and width, even though they have begun to flower. If you remove the flowers and flower stems when the flowers fade, your plant will develop more flowers in a few weeks. Regular deadheading will result in lots of flowers later this summer. I cut the flower stems down to just below the foliage level to help hide the stubs. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"