Keep bees away - Knowledgebase Question

delano, Mn
Question by dpk1965
Every year the bees build nests in my deck box. I clean out each Spring and they keep coming back to rebuild. About midway through the Summer I spray the nests at night and clean up they still come back. Is there anything that I can place in box to keep them away? Any scents they do not like? Thank you for the consideration.

0

It's difficult to deter bees when they are determined to build nests in your planter boxes but you might try spraying the box with a solution of mint and water or rubbing the box with mint leaves. Bees tend not to like the odor. Lavender and eucalyptus are fragrances they don't especially like, either. If these fail, there are commercially prepared solutions you can purchase to deter bees. Hope you don't have to resort to those - they can be expensive. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"