How much area will i need? - Knowledgebase Question

vancouver, WA
Question by xanatosc
I have to do a gardening project for my science and the first thing my teacher said i have to do is map out how big it will to be. And since i have 3 people in my family and i want enough vegetables to last for at least most of the summer how large will i need my garden to be?

0

You should be able to feed a family of three from a vegetable garden planted in about 525 feet. If you don't have that much space, you can grow some veggie vertically and you can interplant or practice successive planting - once you harvest one veggie, you can immediately plant another type of veggie. With proper preparation and maintenance, you'll have plenty of vegetables to harvest. If you'd like more information, here's a website you can visit and download a publication from Washington State University to help you with your planning:
http://clark.wsu.edu/volunteer...

Best wishes with your vegetable garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"