Virginia Creeper Vine - Knowledgebase Question

Watertown, NY
Question by oyonj
I would like to purchase 25 or so Virginia Creeper vines...parthenocissus quinquefolia. I am having a hard time finding an outlet to purchase. I have a 75 foot fence to cover...west exposure, poor soil with a five foot wet area in the center of it. Can I purchase from you or can you give me an idea of where to purchase?

0

Burpee offers several attractive blooming perennial vines, but not this one. Carroll Gardens (800-638-6334) offers it, and many garden centers carry it. Virginia Creeper is a very large vine, growing as much as ten feet a year, so you would not need any where near that many to cover your fence -- three to five would probably be enough and would fill in and be more than enough in just a few years.