rasberries - Knowledgebase Question

Tustin, Ca
Question by anitaleb9
I plannted rasberry plants ayear ago. What do I do now to help them produce?

0

Raspberries should grow very well in your area. They need full sun and do best in a rich garden soil that is well prepared with organic matter. Organic matter would be materials such as compost, old rotted leaves, aged stable manure and bedding, or possibly milled sphagnum peat moss. Ideally, the soil would also be evenly moist yet well drained, meaning not soggy. In actual practice, raspberries usually grow just fine in average soil and a sunny spot but might need to be watered while the berries are forming if it is a dry year. At this point there's not much you need to do - you can side dress the plants with compost or manure to provide nutrients and to help the roots stay cool during the growing season. Enjoy your crop!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"