underneath deck - Knowledgebase Question

ypsilanti, mi
Question by chevyshavonn
what would be the best thing to put under a deck that is about 5 feet high from the ground? I'm thinking mulch would create bugs. i would like something that wouldn't create weeds. any thoughts?

-2

My solution for keeping weeds from popping up under my deck is laying weed barrier fabric over the top of the soil. It allows rainwater to seep through so you won't have puddles under the deck, but it keeps weeds from sprouting in the soil. Weed barrier comes in rolls, and you simply cut it to fit the area and then anchor it down with rocks or with metal staples. I used pieces of wire coat hanger for anchors, cutting the coat hangers into six-inch pieces and bending them into a U shape. They work perfectly. You probably won't notice the weed barrier once it is in place because it's black and it's usually dark under a deck, but if you want to jazz up the look, you can spread a thin layer of gravel or landscape rock over the top of the weed barrier. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"