Deer Resistant Shrubs & Flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Chatham, NJ
Question by tmmolds
I want to redo my landscaping. We have deer in the area,what shrubs and flowers can I plant?

0

Unfortunately there is no magic list to give you. Deer will learn to eat almost any thing and their menu varies depending on what they have learned to eat so far. They are creatures of habit, so if they are dining at your house they will be likely to nibble on whatever you plant sooner or later. The best way to try to make a list is to check with your neighbors and see what they are still having success with and what they are not. Some gardeners also report success using the repellants (both home made and those that are commercially available), especially in areas where the browse pressure is not very severe. In my own sad experience, the only reliable solution over time is a tall fence.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"