Arborvitae Leaves Turning Black - Knowledgebase Question

Lockport, NY
Question by bucklenk
March 31, 1999
I have been told that this is called scale, and to spray the tree with an oil spray called: ORTHO VOLCK or ORTHO Horticultural spray oil. Is this the best way to treat my tree?

Answer from NGA
March 31, 1999


Unfortunately, based on your description I am unable to identify the exact cause of your tree's problem.However, your County Extension (433-6731) should be able to make a positive identification and advise you of the most up to date chemical controls, if any.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Adenium Obesum"